Step 1: Open Assignments
Click the Add Assignment button
- In the Assignment Name field (1), create a name for the assignment.
- In the Description field (2), enter the details, requirements, and instructions for the assignment.
- In the Points field (3), enter in the assignment point value.
- Select the Assignment Group (4)
- Display Grade method (5)
In the Submission Type drop-down menu, select the External Tool option
Click the Find button
- Select the Turnitin LTI tool (1).
- If you want the assignment to load in a new tab, click the Load in a new tab checkbox.
- Click the Select button (2)
Set due or availability dates for the assignment. These dates appear throughout Canvas like regular assignments.
- By default, Canvas will set your assignment dates for everyone in your course (1).
- Create a due date for the assignment in the Due Date field (2). The option to add Availability dates, a date and time when students can no longer submit the assignment is open.
NOTE: If you set an "Until date" for the assignment, students will not be able to access the tool to view their feedback.
Click the Save button