Step 1: Open Assignments
Click the Add Assignment button
- In the Assignment Name field (1), create a name for the assignment.
- In the Description field (2), enter the details, requirements, and instructions for the assignment.
- In the Points field (3), enter in the assignment point value
- Select the Assignment Group (4)
- Display Grade method (5)
In the Submission Type drop-down menu, select the External Tool option
Click the Find button
- Select the Turnitin LTI tool (1).
- If you want the assignment to load in a new tab, click the Load in a new tab checkbox (2).
- Click the Select button (3)
Set due or availability dates for the assignment. These dates appear throughout Canvas like regular assignments.
- By default, Canvas will set your assignment dates for everyone in your course (1).
- Create a due date for the assignment in the Due Date field (2). The option to add Availability dates, a date and time when students can no longer submit the assignment is open.
- NOTE: If you set an "Until date" for the assignment, students will not be able to access the tool to view their feedback.
Click the Save button
Click Settings in the menu bar options along the top of the window.
Select Optional Settings
Scroll towards to the bottom to an option titled, Attach a rubric to this assignment.
- If you have previously created a rubric in Turnitin, it will appear in the drop-down menu (1).
- To create a rubric in Turnitin, select Launch Rubric Manager (2).
- In the Enter rubric name here, give the rubric a title (1).
- In the Criterion section, describe the criteria your students will be graded on (2).
- In the Scale section, name the different levels of grading (3).
- In each individual box, write a description to justify the grading (4).
- Click the Save button when finished (5).
After you have saved, your newly created rubric will appear in the drop-down menu. Select the rubric.
Click the Submit button