Teaching & Learning Technologies (TLT) installs audiovisual (A/V) technology in University learning spaces, such as classrooms, labs, conference rooms, and auditoriums. We consult with those requesting installation (faculty, staff, departments, and colleges). TLT designs the technology components of a learning space, and with approvals, manages the installation and coordinates various service groups who may also be involved.
Features & Options
- Requests & follow-up consultations: TLT provides ideas for developing learning spaces that will meet presentation and collaboration technology needs. After an initial request, we schedule a time to meet with you and your team, visit the space, evaluate it, and provide a written estimate of costs.
- Installation: Our staff of A/V specialists have years of experience working with audiovisual installations that include projectors, large flat-panel monitors, speakers, screens, video conferencing equipment, collaboration spaces, and control panels to manage a learning space's technology components.
- Service rate is $35.00/hour plus equipment for classroom technology installation services provided to faculty, staff, and departments.
- An estimate will be provided for customer review and approval. Initial consultations and discovery of your needs are a courtesy service.
- We have pre-established, standardized tiers of A/V technology installations that help define what is possible in a learning space.
Standard Specifications for Audio/Visual Classrooms (Foundation Levels)
- Many learning space installation projects may be eligible for funding through the University of Utah student computing fees, overseen by the University's Teaching & Learning Portfolio. Guidelines for submitting funding proposals are found at an overview page in the TLT website.
Teaching & Learning Portfolio
Student Computing Fee Awards for Learning Spaces | Software | Hardware
- Teaching & Learning Technologies provides a request form to assist you in starting the design, planning, and installation process for A/V technologies in a learning space.
Request Form for A/V Technology Installation in Learning Spaces