COMMON IT RESOURCES FOR THE UNIVERSITY OF UTAH CAMPUS
- Virtual Desktop Software (VDI) – This is software available from a remote server. For example, UofU students can access specialized software such as Maple, SASS, and ArcGIS though the Marriott Library.
- Adobe Creative Cloud and Microsoft Office Software – The Office of Software Licensing provides Adobe Creative Cloud and Microsoft Office for UofU faculty and students to download directly to their computers.
- UIT Box Storage – Faculty and students each have 1 Terabyte of storage available through UIT Box. Go to http://box.utah.edu and login using your uNID and password.
- Video capture and streaming – Central Campus Schools and Colleges have access to the Teaching and Learning Technologies service offerings for video capture and streaming, https://video.utah.edu. The Health Sciences Campus has access to the video capture and streaming services offered by the Health Sciences Education Building, http://library.med.utah.edu/video/.
- Audio-Visual Installation Services – Audio-Visual Installation Services under Teaching & Learning Technologies (TLT) provides classroom technology installations and consultation for audiovisual installations to faculty, staff, and departments. Faculty and staff can easily obtain a consultation to determine the audiovisual needs of their department learning spaces, Custom Technology Installation. The TLT web site has a list of the standard specifications for base, mid and high-level audiovisual learning spaces along with associated costs.
- Distance Education and Interactive Video Conferencing Classrooms – All UofU faculty can request the use of equipment and rooms which allow for interactive video conferencing, http://tlt.utah.edu/interactive-videoconferencing-class-request-form/.
- Print management for computer labs – The UCard Printing Service can be found at http://www.ucard.utah.edu/content/Web.html