Concluding a course moves it into previous enrollments for both students and instructors and renders the course as read only.
A course concludes when one of the following occurs:
- The instructor posts grades in CIS.
- The end date set by the instructor expires.
- The instructor concludes the course by clicking the Conclude Course button in Settings. (NOT RECOMMENDED)
Follow the steps below if you would like to change your course's start and end date:
1. Click on Settings inside your course on the left-hand navigation bar.
2. Click on Edit Course Details.
3. Enter the start and end date and click Update Course Details at the bottom of the page.
Results of Concluding a Course
A concluded course will no longer appear in the main course list in Canvas. Instead, it will show up in previous enrollments for both instructors and students when clicking View all courses at the bottom of the main course list. Students will no longer have access to the course, and instructors will have access to the course as read only.
Clicking End Course (not recommended) in Settings will remove all students from the course. The class will become read only for the instructors, and students will not have access to the course. To undo this contact our office at 801-585-5959 or email us at email@example.com.
Deleting a Course Permanently
Click Settings on the left side and click Delete Course if you want to permanently delete your course. We will not be able to recover you course; it will be gone.
Giving A Student Access to a Previous Term
Please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 801-581-6112 if you need a student to participate in a course that has reached its end or term date.