Make sure to schedule exams as soon as possible to avoid complications that could impact your students and Uonline Center operations.
Scheduling Exams in Schedule Exams in Canvas Involves the Following:
- Schedule date range allowed for students to take their exams
- Set exam time limit
- Enter passcode no longer than 8 characters involving two unrelated words
- If applicable, select materials students are allowed to use during the exam
- Attach exam as .doc, docx or .pdf
- Instruct out of area proctors to email completed exams to you, and make sure to provide your preferred e-mail address
Students Using Proctors Outside Schedule Exams:
- Students need your permission to select a proctor outside Schedule Exams. If you give a student permission to have a proctor outside Schedule Exams, you will need to approve the proctor and send exams to the proctor, and receive completed exams from the proctor
Exam Scheduling Instructions:
1. Login to your Canvas course.
2. Click Schedule Exams on the left side.
3. Click Open in new window.
4. Click the Add Exam button near the top of the page.
5. Select Manually Setup Exam from the LSM Exams dropdown.
6. Complete all required fields marked with asterisks.
- Since you are scheduling a paper-based exam, ignore the following fields: Password, Exam URL, Mobile Exam URL and Consecutive Attempts Allowed.
7. Under Permitted Items, select Yes for items you allow your students to use during the exam.
8. If you need to enter exam notes for students, scroll down to the Exam Notes heading and enter exam notes in the Notes for Students field.
9. In the Notes for Proctors field, instruct out of area proctors to e-mail the completed exam to you, and make sure to provide them with your preferred e-mail address.
10. Do Not click the Add Attachment button and upload a file of the exam.
11. Select whether or not you would like to approve all proctors for your students before they can request exam sessions.
- The default is set to No – students can request sessions with any proctor. Selecting no will allow students to select from the list of proctors provided by SmarterProctoring.
- If you give a student permission to take exams with a proctor outside the list of proctors in Schedule Exams, you will need to approve the proctor. You will also need to send the exams to the student's proctor and receive the completed exams from the proctor.
12. If you would like students to select a proctor by a certain date, click on the Proctor Selection Date field and enter a date using the calendar.
13. Review the list of the types of proctors approved by Smarter Proctoring and de-select any type of proctor you will not accept.
14. De-select B Virtual since this is a paper-based exam.
15. Please Do Not check Respondus Lock-Down Browser for Required Software.
16. Click the green Submit button on the lower right hand corner.
- You will see exam details you entered for exam
17. Scroll down to the bottom of the page to read the Notification Message and add more the message if you wish.
18. If you want students to read the Notification Message that tells them about the details of this exam, click on the green Notify button on the bottom right corner.