In a Canvas course, it is possible to add videos to an Assignment (if the instructor has enabled this feature for your Assignment).
- You can select a video file from your personal collection in MY MEDIA.
- A pre-existing video that has been recorded and saved on your computer's hard drive or other location can be uploaded and used.
- A webcam recording can be created and posted.
The following instructions guide you through these three options.
SUBMIT VIDEO AS AN ASSIGNMENT
As part of a module in a Canvas course, the instructor may have included an Assignment in which you are asked to submit a video. In that assignment, click the button labeled SUBMIT ASSIGNMENT.
THREE OPTIONS TO ADD A VIDEO TO AN ASSIGNMENT
After clicking the SUBMIT ASSIGNMENT button, a window appears. Be sure that the tab heading selected for this window is TEXT & MEDIA ENTRY (this is a configuration your instructor has set up).
The standard Canvas content editing tool bar should be available. Cick the FILMSTRIP ICON that resides in the editing tools palette just above the text editing box:
- A window will open labeled with "Embed Kaltura Media."
- There are several options for submitting a video to an Assignment, depending on what you need to do. Choose one of the following links to read a "how-to" article for each of these options:
OPTION 1-SELECT A VIDEO FROM MY MEDIA
If you already have videos in your My Media collection, you can simply select a file and it will be added in your reply to your assignment. (Learn more about My Media.)
OPTION 2-MEDIA UPLOAD
Upload a pre-existing video stored elsewhere or on your hard drive, and select it to add to your assignment.
OPTION 3-WEBCAM RECORDING
Record a video "just-in-time" to add to your assignment. This method uses a Flash-based Webcam Recording Tool that does not require you to install a third-party app on your computer.