There are several options to obtain support help and to learn how to use the upload and video file management tools from Kaltura for MediaSpace. Kaltura is the service used for video storage and distribution at the University of Utah both within CANVAS, the campus learning management system for online courses, and for the standalone MEDIASPACE repository.
HELP WITH VIDEO IN & OUTSIDE OF CANVAS
VIDEO IN CANVAS
If you're interested in adding and using video within CANVAS, the University of Utah learning management system for online courses, we have numerous articles in the TLT Knowledge Center related to the use of Kaltura as it is integrated into CANVAS.
VIDEO OUTSIDE OF CANVAS: MEDIASPACE
If you're interested in adding and using video in websites and other distribution channels outside of CANVAS, then you should use the Kaltura upload and video file management tool called MediaSpace. You can copy a supplied html embed code for your video file and include that in a web page. The video file will then stream from the Kaltura video servers. Media files can also be added to customized CHANNELS and PLAYLISTS.
To access MediaSpace, the University of Utah has a very specific URL for you to use. You will be asked to log in with your UofU campus uNID and its associated password...
MEDIASPACE USER GUIDES:
There are two types of support help for using MediaSpace:
A. TLT's Own Articles about MediaSpace
Teaching & Learning Technologies posts shorter, more focused articles and tutorials on using certain aspects and features of MediaSpace as implemented here at the University. These will be the most relevant to your use of MediaSpace at the University of Utah.
B. Kaltura's MediaSpace User Manual
This all-purpose, comprehensive user guide, written by Kaltura, covers all aspects of MediaSpace. The manual is not so much a "how-to-guide." It identifies and explains the many features of MediaSpace. We recommend using the manual's table of contents to locate a topic of interest.
NOTE: The implementation of MediaSpace for the University of Utah varies somewhat from the menu options found in Kaltura's all-purpose user manual. To review instructions and features specific to the University's instance of MediaSpace, see Section A above for "TLT's Own Articles about Kaltura MediaSpace."
ADDITIONAL ARTICLES & TUTORIALS FOR MEDIASPACE
- MediaSpace Storage & Distribution Options
- 1. My Media - Personal Storage for Media Items
- 1a. My Media - Media Upload (Import Pre-existing Videos)
- 1b. My Media - YouTube Videos
- 2. Playlists - Create Lists and Add Media Items
- 3. Channels - Create a Channel | Publish Media Items | Privacy Settings | Subscriptions | Members
- 4. Share a Media Item - URL or Embed Code
- 5. Galleries/Categories - in UofU MediaSpace
- MediaSpace - Video Editor & Other Features
- MediaSpace - Video Recording Tools
- About the Kaltura Desktop Recorder for Screen Recording | Webcam Recording | Voice Recording
- First Time Installation of the Kaltura Desktop Recorder
- Settings Overview for the Kaltura Desktop Recorder
- OPTION 1: Multi-source Recordings of Presentations & Lectures with the Kaltura Desktop Recorder
- OPTION 2: Screen Recording with the Kaltura Desktop Recorder
- OPTION 3: WebCam Recording with the Kaltura Desktop Recorder
- OPTION 4: Screen & Webcam Recording with the Kaltura Desktop Recorder
- OPTION 5: Voice Recording with the Kaltura Desktop Recorder