IN MEDIASPACE - ACCESS DESKTOP RECORDER OPTIONS
In the UofU MediaSpace site, login with your University ID (uNID) and its associated password.
From the menu along the top of the MediaSpace page, click ADD NEW to view the options.
The Kaltura Desktop Recorder recording tools can be accessed with the option WEBCAM & SCREEN CAPTURE
Select WEBCAM & SCREEN CAPTURE.
- The system realizes you have not yet downloaded the application for the Kaltura CaptureSpace Desktop Recorder. You are automatically presented with the option to download either a Windows-based or Macintosh-based version of the software.
- First you must agree to the UofU terms and conditions:
- Then the window lengthens and your download buttons appear:
- Select the option best for you and follow any download instructions (often the procedures are specific to your preferred web browser).
- Once installed, a pop-up window appears displaying the 5 recording options offered by the Kaltura CaptureSpace Desktop Recorder (sometimes, after installation, you may have to return to the ADD NEW button and re-select WEBCAM & SCREEN CAPTURE from the drop down menu in order to display the 5 options popup window).
- From the five recording options for the Desktop Recorder, select your activity of choice and follow the on-screen instructions. (We have individual articles about each of the five recording options...see the links below listed as OPTION 1, OPTION 2, OPTION 3, OPTION 4 and OPTION 5.
ADDITIONAL ARTICLES & TUTORIALS FOR MEDIASPACE
- MediaSpace Storage & Distribution Options
- 1. My Media - Personal Storage for Media Items
- 1a. My Media - Media Upload (Import Pre-existing Videos)
- 1b. My Media - YouTube Videos
- 2. Playlists - Create Lists and Add Media Items
- 3. Channels - Create a Channel | Publish Media Items | Privacy Settings | Subscriptions | Members
- 4. Share a Media Item - URL or Embed Code
- 5. Galleries/Categories - in UofU MediaSpace
- MediaSpace - Video Editor & Other Features
- MediaSpace - Video Recording Tools
- About the Kaltura Desktop Recorder for Screen Recording | Webcam Recording | Voice Recording
- First Time Installation of the Kaltura Desktop Recorder
- Settings Overview for the Kaltura Desktop Recorder
- OPTION 1: Multi-source Recordings of Presentations & Lectures with the Kaltura Desktop Recorder
- OPTION 2: Screen Recording with the Kaltura Desktop Recorder
- OPTION 3: WebCam Recording with the Kaltura Desktop Recorder
- OPTION 4: Screen & Webcam Recording with the Kaltura Desktop Recorder
- OPTION 5: Voice Recording with the Kaltura Desktop Recorder