WEBCAM RECORDING WITH THE KALTURA CAPTURESPACE DESKTOP RECORDER
You can record audio and video from your computer's webcam using the Kaltura CaptureSpace Desktop Recorder.
To use the Kaltura Desktop Recorder option for WebCam Recording, follow these instructions:
IN MEDIASPACE - ACCESS DESKTOP RECORDER OPTIONS
In the UofU MediaSpace site (https://mediaspace.utah.edu), login with your University ID (uNID) and its associated password.
From the menu along the top of the MediaSpace page, click ADD NEW to view the options.
The Kaltura Desktop Recorder recording tools can be accessed with the option WEBCAM & SCREEN CAPTURE.
A popup window appears showing the various features of the Kaltura Desktop Recorder.
- Click the tab labeled RECORD.
- Click the tile labeled WEBCAM. You are now recording audio and video from your computer's camera and microphone.
- Click the DONE button to stop recording.
- Edit, Trim and add titles to your recording using the Kaltura Editing Tool that launches after recording.
- Click the DONE button when finished editing and trimming.
Uploading your recording is the final step. The upload is sent to your collection of content in MY MEDIA. This is your personal storage space for video and audio files.
After the editing is complete (and you have clicked the DONE button), you will be presented with a window labeled "Upload Options."
- Enter a TITLE for your recording.
- The DESCRIPTION field is optional.
- For a TAG, consider entering keywords that will assist in searching for media.
- Click the UPLOAD button along the bottom options.
A confirmation appears.
Click on the URL for MediaSpace and your MY MEDIA. The recorded file appears at the top of the listing of media items.
ADDITIONAL ARTICLES & TUTORIALS FOR MEDIASPACE
- MediaSpace Storage & Distribution Options
- 1. My Media - Personal Storage for Media Items
- 1a. My Media - Media Upload (Import Pre-existing Videos)
- 1b. My Media - YouTube Videos
- 2. Playlists - Create Lists and Add Media Items
- 3. Channels - Create a Channel | Publish Media Items | Privacy Settings | Subscriptions | Members
- 4. Share a Media Item - URL or Embed Code
- 5. Galleries/Categories - in UofU MediaSpace
- MediaSpace - Video Editor & Other Features
- MediaSpace - Video Recording Tools
- About the Kaltura Desktop Recorder for Screen Recording | Webcam Recording | Voice Recording
- First Time Installation of the Kaltura Desktop Recorder
- Settings Overview for the Kaltura Desktop Recorder
- OPTION 1: Multi-source Recordings of Presentations & Lectures with the Kaltura Desktop Recorder
- OPTION 2: Screen Recording with the Kaltura Desktop Recorder
- OPTION 3: WebCam Recording with the Kaltura Desktop Recorder
- OPTION 4: Screen & Webcam Recording with the Kaltura Desktop Recorder
- OPTION 5: Voice Recording with the Kaltura Desktop Recorder