MULTI-SOURCE RECORDINGS FOR PRESENTATIONS AND LECTURES WITH THE KALTURA CAPTURESPACE DESKTOP RECORDER
You can record video and audio from multiple sources for presentations and lectures using the Kaltura CaptureSpace Desktop Recorder.
To record from multiple video and audio sources for presentations and lectures with the Kaltura CaptureSpace Desktop Recorder, follow these instructions:
IN MEDIASPACE - ACCESS DESKTOP RECORDER OPTIONS
In the UofU MediaSpace site (https://mediaspace.utah.edu), login with your University ID (uNID) and its associated password.
From the menu along the top of the MediaSpace page, click ADD NEW to view the options.
The Kaltura Desktop Recorder recording tools can be accessed with the option WEBCAM & SCREEN CAPTURE.
A popup window appears showing the various features of the Kaltura Desktop Recorder.
- Click the tab labeled RECORD.
- Click the tile labeled PRESENTATIONS & LECTURES.
You are presented with a window where you can:
- select the number of cameras you intend to use in your recording (up to three)
NOTE: currently, on Macintosh computers, you can only select one camera for your recording.
- opt to include screen capture from your computer
- opt to include a presentation you have uploaded
- opt to include sound
- Click the RECORD button (lower right corner of the entire window) when you are ready to begin recording from your multiple sources.
The Desktop Recorder also gives you Drawing Options to scribble on your screen or highlight specific areas. To display the palette for the Drawing Options, use the Macintosh Dock or the Windows Taskbar to select the Desktop Recorder application that is running in the background (it's the many-colored sunburst icon).
Once the icon is clicked the Drawing Palette options display.
Onscreen buttons or keyboard shortcuts allow you to stop recording.
After you stop the recording by clicking the DONE button, an editor opens, allowing you to trim and title your screen recording before saving and uploading your finished file.
Uploading the recording is the final step. The upload is to your collection of content in MY MEDIA. This is your personal storage space for video and audio files you may wish to transfer into a Canvas course.
After the editing is complete (and you have clicked the DONE button), you will be presented with a window labeled "Upload Options."
- Enter a TITLE for your recording.
- The DESCRIPTION field is optional.
- For a TAG, consider entering keywords to assist in searching for media items.
- Click the UPLOAD button along the bottom options.
The window shows the progress of the upload. When complete, a confirmation appears. It also indicates that your uploaded recording is available to you in your MY MEDIA storage area of MediaSpace.
Click on the URL for MediaSpace and your MY MEDIA. The recorded file appears at the top of the listing of media items.
ADDITIONAL ARTICLES & TUTORIALS FOR MEDIASPACE
- MediaSpace Storage & Distribution Options
- 1. My Media - Personal Storage for Media Items
- 1a. My Media - Media Upload (Import Pre-existing Videos)
- 1b. My Media - YouTube Videos
- 2. Playlists - Create Lists and Add Media Items
- 3. Channels - Create a Channel | Publish Media Items | Privacy Settings | Subscriptions | Members
- 4. Share a Media Item - URL or Embed Code
- 5. Galleries/Categories - in UofU MediaSpace
- MediaSpace - Video Editor & Other Features
- MediaSpace - Video Recording Tools
- About the Kaltura Desktop Recorder for Screen Recording | Webcam Recording | Voice Recording
- First Time Installation of the Kaltura Desktop Recorder
- Settings Overview for the Kaltura Desktop Recorder
- OPTION 1: Multi-source Recordings of Presentations & Lectures with the Kaltura Desktop Recorder
- OPTION 2: Screen Recording with the Kaltura Desktop Recorder
- OPTION 3: WebCam Recording with the Kaltura Desktop Recorder
- OPTION 4: Screen & Webcam Recording with the Kaltura Desktop Recorder
- OPTION 5: Voice Recording with the Kaltura Desktop Recorder