SCREEN RECORDING WITH THE KALTURA CAPTURESPACE DESKTOP RECORDER
You can record audio and video from your computer's screen using the Kaltura CaptureSpace Desktop Recorder.
To record screen content with the Kaltura CaptureSpace Desktop Recorder, follow these instructions:
IN MEDIASPACE - ACCESS DESKTOP RECORDER OPTIONS
In the UofU MediaSpace site (https://mediaspace.utah.edu), login with your University ID (uNID) and its associated password.
From the menu along the top of the MediaSpace page, click ADD NEW to view the options.
The Kaltura Desktop Recorder recording tools can be accessed with the option WEBCAM & SCREEN CAPTURE.
A popup window appears showing the various features of the Kaltura Desktop Recorder.
- Click the tab labeled RECORD.
- Click the tile labeled SCREEN.
Another window opens (Screen Capture Options) where you select which screen you want to capture (if you have multiple screens) and if you wish to record the entire screen or a selected area that you can specify.
- Click the RECORD button when you are ready to capture from your screen.
While in record mode, whatever you select or manipulate on your screen is recorded.
The Desktop Recorder also gives you Drawing Options to scribble on your screen or highlight specific areas. To display the palette for the Drawing Options, use the Macintosh Dock or the Windows Taskbar to select the Desktop Recorder application that is running in the background (it's the many-colored sunburst icon).
Once the icon is clicked the Drawing Palette options display.
Onscreen buttons or keyboard shortcuts allow you to stop recording.
After recording is stopped, an editor opens, allowing you to trim and title your screen recording before saving and uploading your finished file.
Uploading your recording is the final step. The upload is sent to your collection of content in MY MEDIA. This is your personal storage space for video and audio files within MediaSpace and is the same storage available in Canvas, the campus learning management system for online courses.
After the editing is complete (and you have clicked the DONE button), you will be presented with a window labeled "Upload Options."
- Enter a TITLE for your recording.
- The DESCRIPTION field is optional.
- For a TAG, consider entering keywords that will assist in searching for media.
- Click the UPLOAD button located along the bottom of the window.
A confirmation appears. It also indicates with a URL that your uploaded recording is available to you in MY MEDIA.
Click on the URL for MediaSpace and your MY MEDIA. The recorded file appears at the top of the listing of media items.
ADDITIONAL ARTICLES & TUTORIALS FOR MEDIASPACE
- MediaSpace Storage & Distribution Options
- 1. My Media - Personal Storage for Media Items
- 1a. My Media - Media Upload (Import Pre-existing Videos)
- 1b. My Media - YouTube Videos
- 2. Playlists - Create Lists and Add Media Items
- 3. Channels - Create a Channel | Publish Media Items | Privacy Settings | Subscriptions | Members
- 4. Share a Media Item - URL or Embed Code
- 5. Galleries/Categories - in UofU MediaSpace
- MediaSpace - Video Editor & Other Features
- MediaSpace - Video Recording Tools
- About the Kaltura Desktop Recorder for Screen Recording | Webcam Recording | Voice Recording
- First Time Installation of the Kaltura Desktop Recorder
- Settings Overview for the Kaltura Desktop Recorder
- OPTION 1: Multi-source Recordings of Presentations & Lectures with the Kaltura Desktop Recorder
- OPTION 2: Screen Recording with the Kaltura Desktop Recorder
- OPTION 3: WebCam Recording with the Kaltura Desktop Recorder
- OPTION 4: Screen & Webcam Recording with the Kaltura Desktop Recorder
- OPTION 5: Voice Recording with the Kaltura Desktop Recorder