VOICE RECORDING WITH THE KALTURA CAPTURESPACE DESKTOP RECORDER
You can record audio from your computer's webcam using the Kaltura CaptureSpace Desktop Recorder.
To record audio from your computer's microphone with the Kaltura CaptureSpace Desktop Recorder, follow these instructions:
IN MEDIASPACE - ACCESS DESKTOP RECORDER OPTIONS
In the UofU MediaSpace site (https://mediaspace.utah.edu), login with your University ID (uNID) and its associated password.
From the menu along the top of the MediaSpace page, click ADD NEW to view the options.
The Kaltura Desktop Recorder recording tools can be accessed with the option WEBCAM & SCREEN CAPTURE.
A popup window appears showing the various features of the Kaltura Desktop Recorder.
- Click the tab labeled RECORD.
- Click the tile labeled VOICE.
You are now recording from your computer's microphone. In the lower right portion of your screen a palette of buttons appears in order to PAUSE or STOP your voice recording.
Click the DONE button when you are ready to save your audio file. Kaltura's Editing Tool automatically appears to allow you to edit and trim your recording.
When you are finished, click the DONE button.
Uploading your recording is the final step. The upload is sent to your collection of content in MY MEDIA. This is your personal storage space for video and audio files.
After the editing is complete (and you have clicked the DONE button), you will be presented with a window labeled "Upload Options."
- Enter a TITLE for your recording.
- The DESCRIPTION field is optional.
- For a TAG, consider entering keywords to assist in searching for media.
- Click the UPLOAD button along the bottom options.
A confirmation appears.
Click on the URL for MediaSpace and your MY MEDIA. The recorded file now appears in your listing of media items.
ADDITIONAL ARTICLES & TUTORIALS FOR MEDIASPACE
- MediaSpace Storage & Distribution Options
- 1. My Media - Personal Storage for Media Items
- 1a. My Media - Media Upload (Import Pre-existing Videos)
- 1b. My Media - YouTube Videos
- 2. Playlists - Create Lists and Add Media Items
- 3. Channels - Create a Channel | Publish Media Items | Privacy Settings | Subscriptions | Members
- 4. Share a Media Item - URL or Embed Code
- 5. Galleries/Categories - in UofU MediaSpace
- MediaSpace - Video Editor & Other Features
- MediaSpace - Video Recording Tools
- About the Kaltura Desktop Recorder for Screen Recording | Webcam Recording | Voice Recording
- First Time Installation of the Kaltura Desktop Recorder
- Settings Overview for the Kaltura Desktop Recorder
- OPTION 1: Multi-source Recordings of Presentations & Lectures with the Kaltura Desktop Recorder
- OPTION 2: Screen Recording with the Kaltura Desktop Recorder
- OPTION 3: WebCam Recording with the Kaltura Desktop Recorder
- OPTION 4: Screen & Webcam Recording with the Kaltura Desktop Recorder
- OPTION 5: Voice Recording with the Kaltura Desktop Recorder